Persistence is Key

A love story about how a French man and Japanese woman met abroad

Backstory: He is a French-Chinese man who decided to study abroad post undergrad where he met his current Japanese girlfriend at Fudan University. He plans to eventually work for her father's company in Japan.




Him: 

"So it was 2014, it was the first time I came to China, I came late to the classroom. It was in October and I was very late. It was "C-ban" (C-ban means C class in Chinese, indicating your proficiency, the higher the better) and I was a little higher, but I stayed in this class cause she was in this class. I didn't know her. At first, I thought she was cute and I liked her smile. After a while, we started to have a conversation. One time I asked her on a date and she came with someone else - another girl. Six months after, we went to Huangshan together on a trip. We became really close friends and I was carrying her down the mountain in Huangshan. When we went up to the summit she was fine, but when we went down she was tired and I was helping her go down the mountain. One week after...ten days after her birthday, she asked me out. And that's how we together"


Her:

"I'm going to tell the truth. When he came to C-ban, he came late, it was the first time I saw him, I thought wow, so tan, so skinny. It wasn't a bad or good thing, it was just the first thing I noticed. Then one day, he asked me to dinner and we never really talked before. We weren't really friends, and then he suddenly asked me to get dinner. I felt a little afraid to go to dinner alone, so I decided to ask my friend to come with me. After that, I felt like we were friends. Then I started to see how determined he was to win me over. He kept telling me "you're cute, you're pretty" and "I really like you." After 3 days, I said, "thank you for liking me." When we went to Huangshan, my legs were really tired and he insisted on carrying me. It was then that I thought "wow, he really does like me...if he was my boyfriend, he would definitely treat me well." So at that time, my two brothers were also studying at Fudan University and asked them what their thoughts were on him. They said they think he's diligent and caring. They told me to give him a chance and I finally told him that I liked him too."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Foreigner in China

Being Asian

So Much to Offer